October 2, 2020
ZIPAIR introduces LCC’s first Inflight Self-Ordering and Payment System Providing a "Contactless" Experience
Tokyo, Japan - Passengers flying on ZIPAIR Tokyo will be able to place order for meals and products using their smartphone and tablet devices with the LCC’s first Inflight Self-Ordering and Payment System.
Passengers will be able to perform contactless purchase of meals and items from the menu right in the comfort of their seats. The Inflight Self-Ordering and Payment System is a collaboration with Collins Aerospace that empowers passengers with on-demand self-service experience and supports social distancing guidelines to keep passengers and crew healthy and safe. Passengers can browse the shopping catalog, view inventory availability, place orders on-demand, and make credit card payments using their smart devices without any assistance from the cabin crew.
- More information on Inflight Self-Ordering and Payment System
Passengers can utilize the Inflight Self-Ordering and Payment System on all ZIPAIR flights via the free inflight Wi-Fi system available on the Boeing 787 aircraft. Using their own smart devices, passengers can have an enhanced inflight shopping experience up in the air similar to online shopping on the ground. Orders are placed on an inflight web portal by the passenger using his or her smart device. The order is processed through the system and the purchased item is delivered to the passenger’s seat by the cabin crew.
- About ZIPAIR Tokyo, Inc.
- ZIPAIR Tokyo is Japan's first long-haul international LCC (Low-Cost Carrier) and is wholly owned by Japan Airlines. Based at Narita International Airport, ZIPAIR Tokyo plans to operate passenger services on the Narita - Bangkok and Narita - Seoul routes.
- About Collins Aerospace
- Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp. (NYSE: RTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. For more information, visit CollinsAerospace.com.
- About Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With 195,000 employees and four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Comment from ZIPAIR President Shingo Nishida
ZIPAIR’s priority and vision is to enhance the inflight experience and empower passengers with on-demand services. ZIPAIR believes that the introduction of this system will provide passengers with a peace of mind to fly, and enhance the confidence and comfort of passengers by minimizing physical contact and touchpoints in the cabin.
- Comment from general manager for Commercial Aviation & Network Services for Collins Aerospace Clotilde Enel-Rehel
"We are honored to partner with ZIPAIR to deliver innovations that improve passenger and crew safety and experience".