March 8, 2019
Japan`s First Medium to Long-Haul Low-Cost Carrier
"ZIPAIR Tokyo" Now Established!
During a press conference held at Japan Airlines Headquarters on Friday afternoon, T.B.L. Co., Ltd. Representative Director and President, Shingo Nishida, announced the name of Japan`s first medium to long-haul low cost carrier as ZIPAIR. With the registration now official, the company will be established as ZIPAIR Tokyo Inc., as of March 8, 2019. As previously announced, the new carrier will prepare for launch during the summer schedule of 2020.
- Brand and Trade Name
As a result of this announcement, T.B.L. Co., Ltd. will officially change its trade name to ZIPAIR Tokyo Inc. and has released the company`s logo as shown above.
- About the Name
- 'ZIPAIR Tokyo' is a coined word derived from the English word ZIP, which describes speed, such as how fast time can pass when traveling on a unique airline. In addition, the brand name incorporates the idea of traveling to destinations in various ZIP CODES, while aiming to create a calculated travel experience that encompasses the originality and ingenuity of the Japanese culture. And finally, the word Tokyo was added to the name, as the airline will be based in one of the most advanced cities in the world.
- About the Logo and Corporate Color
- The logo was developed in consultation with SIX INC.; a creative engagement agency based in Tokyo and has a track record of winning more than 400 creative awards in Japan and abroad, including CANNES LIONS. (SIX INC. URL - sixinc.jp)
- The font is set in Roman and the corporate image will feature two-tones in what the company calls Harmony Gray and Trust Green. The gray tone features a feeling of balance and satisfaction with the cost of services provided, while green provides a sense of safety. Going forward, ZIPAIR will feature this unique logo and color scheme in its corporate branding materials.
- Additional logos shown below:
The [Z_] logo is a combination of the first letter in ZIP followed by a space the company calls Infinite Blank. This logo encapsulates the attitude to infinitely pursue services that meets the needs of the customers.
- Application for Air Transportation Business License
ZIPAIR Tokyo Inc. applied for an air operator's certificate to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport on March 8, under Article 100 of the Aviation law. The contents of the air operator's certificate application include:
- 1) Aircraft: Boeing 787-8
- 2) Business Profile:
To operate the following routes from the 2020 Summer Schedule
- Tokyo (Narita) = Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Tokyo (Narita) = Seoul-Incheon International Airport
- Recruitment of Personnel
Recruitment briefings will be held in April 2019. We are looking for employees full of spirit who will be active in a wide range of fields such as airport operations, planning services, as well as cabin crew, as opposed to the conventional recruitment style of filling a singular role in a corporation.
The website to accept applications for ZIPAIR Tokyo is scheduled to open at 17:00 (Japan Time) on March 8, 2019.